Further to the launch of e-Filing portal for submission of individual and employer’s tax returns early this year, Lagos State Internal Revenue Service (LIRS), has now introduced a multi-channel tax and levies payment solution. The system will allow payment of all classes of taxes and levies payable to the Lagos State Government, through both web-based and mobile channels.
The introduction of the payment solution named “Enterprise Tax Administration System (e-Tax)” is in line with LIRS’ commitment to ensuring ease of tax administration in the State and reduction of compliance/administrative cost for taxpayers and LIRS respectively.
Corporate and individual taxpayers, through the e-Tax portal that is accessible via etax.lirs.net, can take advantage of the portal’s numerous integrated features which include:
- Initiation of payment of taxes and levies
- Registration of taxpayer for tax purpose
- Processing of treasury receipts
- Accessing tax assessment details and objection status
- Submission of monthly PAYE schedules
- Submission of WHT schedules and processing WHT credit notes
- Obtaining notification of tax assessment, audit reports and liabilities
- Accessing tax-calculator for self-assessment purpose
It is expected that the introduction of the e-Tax portal will usher a new regime that further streamlines tax administration processes by ensuring security of taxpayer information and improving taxpayer experience.